(1) It can withstand radial and axial composite loads. In the operation of the transmission, drive axle and hub, the composite load is the most common condition, especially the driving bevel gear bearing in the center of the axle is subject to large radial and axial loads.
(2) Under the premise of the same load capacity, the tapered roller bearing is smaller in size than the ball bearing and the cylindrical roller bearing. For example, the use of tapered roller bearings in the transmission helps to reduce the radial dimension and the parallelism of the shafts, especially the central shaft bearings of the transmission (also known as pocket bearings), if tapered roller bearings with smaller contact angles are used. Not only can reduce the radial dimension of the input shaft, but also help to reduce the impact of the bearing load zone reduction caused by thermal expansion of the system.
(3) The axial clearance is adjustable and the bearing life is optimized. According to the relationship between bearing life and clearance curve, it can be known that the bearing life has a direct relationship with the bearing clearance. Accurate adjustment of the clearance according to the specific working conditions helps to obtain the best bearing life.
(4) It is beneficial to improve the rigidity of the bearing system and reduce noise. Since the tapered roller bearing roller is in line contact, the contact stress can be reduced, and the appropriate system preload is obtained by the bearing clearance adjustment, thereby greatly increasing the system rigidity. For example, in order to ensure that the bridge center internal gears mesh correctly, run smoothly, and reduce noise, appropriate pre-tightening of the tapered roller bearings must be applied to increase the support stiffness.
(5) Lubrication effect of pump oil inside bearing raceway. Due to the internal structure of the tapered roller bearing, during the operation, the centrifugal force can automatically flow the lubricating oil from the small end of the roller to the big end, which can dissipate heat and continuously carry impurities inside the raceway.
(6) The inner and outer rings can be separated for easy assembly. When the transmission and the drive axle are installed, in the case where the bearing installation portion is difficult to access, the separable tapered roller bearing is used, which is easy to achieve the centering of the shaft and facilitate the meshing adjustment of the gear.